Restaurant & Food Review: Cafe Mediterranean


Abreeza Mall branch

The PLACE.






The ambience of the restaurant was really nice. The colorful checkboard-styled flooring balanced the woody furnitures. The paintings and other paraphernalias on the tables added a Victorian, 19th century feel to the tables. And we just adore the wall lamps and the yellow light it gives off. Really pretty place. We just love it! :)



THE FOOD.


CHICKEN LEMON AND RICE WITH ORANGE JUICE.
3 out of 5 STARS.



     This delicious meal was served  while it was still hot! Plus, the waiting part was only quick. Rice, topped by crispy fried chicken strips with lemon sauce and veggies on the side. The calamansi may or may not be used, and I for one only pinched it to some parts just to know how it tastes coupled with the lemon sauce. And I have to say it made me crunch my face because of too much sourness, but it was tolerable and still delicious, in some way. 
Anyway, the chicken was cooked perfectly! It was tender 
inside and crispy outside. I liked that it wasn’t overcooked because overcooked meat is just blech! And the outside wasn’t severely cooked like the burnt type, which is good news, because those contain carbon monoxide. Moving on, spooning some lemon sauce and pouring it to the chicken, ate it with rice. Oh, it was just yummy! The sourness of the lemon gave life to the taste of white meat! I just love how sour it is, :)
    Then, the juices. I had orange juice, while Em-em chose iced tea. For only 99 pesos, this meal sure was “sulit”! :) Compare the ambience to the price of the meal, you won’t even expect it. Especially for still students like us. 
(Jenna)








GRILLED PORK AND RICE WITH ICED TEA.
4 out of 5 STARS.




   The meat is well done, tender and flavorful. And when you cut through the meat the juices just flowed out. It has a taste that is independent from the dip that was on the side and also coating the meat. I tasted the soy sauce, and all the spices that were used to marinate the meat, although I can’t quite identify the exact spices that were used. So, you can eat the meat itself without bothering with the dip. Paired with a dip tinged with lemon that is a little sweet 
and salty at the same time makes this grilled pork absolutely attractive to my stomach. 


The vegetables on the side make this more appealing to the eyes. It adds color to the perhaps dull dish. I am not a fan of vegetables but I could tell that these vegetables were of good quality; it is fresh and crunchy. 

    This tasty dish is heavy on my mouth as it is on my stomach. Looking at it, you will not even suspect that this costs for only Php 99. It is affordable as well as delicious. Perfect for a hungry, carnivorous individual like myself. 
(Em-em)

Comments

  1. Thanks for the invitation to join your site via bookblogs. I love it and that food looks divine. I also love that I got to comment on the "book". I love your website. I am going to put it on my Face book page. I hope you'll stop by and follow my blog. Looking forward to more great reviews. Donna

    http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey donna, we are very happy that you liked our website. Thank you for putting it in your facebook page. We will definitely check out and follow your blog. More reviews about great food to come.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment