Monday Make-ups (1): Big on the Eyeliners

Monday Make-Ups is a weekly meme here in our blog “jenna and em”. 

I’m so excited to post the first ever “Monday Make-ups” post. I’ve been thinking of what to post exactly. There’s so many make-up brands, make-up styles, make-up tutorials that I wanna feature, but I can only pick one for this week. Anyway, here’s what I finally decided. ( insert drum roll please. lol.)

Big on the EYELINERs!
   I don’t know with you but I just reached the phase of my life that I love applying eyeliners. Not everyday, just on the special occasions. My personal favorite is the “cat’s eye” style, just because it’s dramatic and it emphasizes my eyes. love it!

It’s not new actually, the fab has been on our social sphere for years! Even celebrities are big on it. I can mention two of my fave singers- Adele and Taylor Swift. So, okay, call me a fan but that’s what I really am. Truth is, I was inspired by Taylor to wear eyeliner and then I loved it! Plus, the cat’s eye thing is “in” earlier this year (up to now actually). 

   I’ll just mention a couple of brands I used and which one I liked best. 

Avon liquid eyeliner

This was the first product I used. Most of the time, I was okay with it. However, there are times when my hand is too shaky. Given that this is a liquid eyeliner, a little movement may smudge all the hard work! Avon is pretty quick dry, and the color is dark, just the way I like it! But I changed brands because it’s too tricky and precise to use! Also, it’s quite exhausting to erase all over again when I smudge it. It was good though, just not for me.

I recommend this product to those people who have keen eyes and non-shaky hands (is that even a word? lol)

Revlon Color Stay eyeliner

I then tried the Revlon eyeliner pen. I thought ‘this time I have no excuses to smudge and make a mess of my eye’. And yeah, I didn’t (most of the time). However! the problem I faced is the darkness of the color of the pen. It’s quite light no matter how many layers I put, and I want it dark!

I recommend this product for those who want to go light in their eyeliners.

Elf Cream eyeliner

When I used this I found my perfect match! It’s cream, it’s dark and I can control it! With the use of an eyeliner brush, I can precisely color my eyelids the shape I want it to become. I still do commit mistakes but I can easily remove the smudge with a tissue (no matter with makeup remover or just plain tissue/cotton buds). 

I recommend it to those who, like me, want dark eyeliners and easy applications. 



Comments

  1. Jenna! You should try the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil! It's dark and creamy, easy to apply and stays and stays and stays!

    Grabe, it didn't move a budge even after an hour of sweaty aerobics. (I tried removing it before doing aerobics, but I just smudged it all over the place, haha. So now I just exercise with eyeliner on.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve read many good reviews about ELF Cream Eyeliner which pushed me to purchase one and give it a try. The results are promising!

    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment