Accessorizing Wednesday (1): Scarfs! Scarfs!

Accessorizing Wednesday is basically a meme here on our blog that features accessories. :)

Scarfs! Scarfs!

   As I was typing in the title of this post, I can’t seem to add the proper “f” which makes the word “Scars!”. Thinking about it, scarfs are not scars, instead they are one of the accessories out there that are actually useful.
   Where am I going here? It’s summer and I’m talking about scarves? I actually found a very helpful article about how to wear scarfs on summer, and you can find the article HERE. Meanwhile, I’ll talk about scarfs. One true fact about them I assure you is that they never age. They trend each and every season. Even celebs wear them. It doesn’t only help keep out the cold during spring/winters, or help conserve heat on that matter. But they also accentuates any other outfit, you just have to have the guts with you to wear them (on summers).

   Here in the Philippines, it’s practically summer everyday, except when it rains. So, wearing scarves are tricky. Em and I tried wearing scarfs on our review classes late last year. Not only once but a couple of times too. And I remembered how some girls in our big class of 400 people followed suit our “scarf-wearing” trend. And I also vividly remember feeling kind of happy at the same time feeling cheated on. Happy because we seem to be sending a trend setter vibe. Cheated on because they were mimicking our style. Seriously though, I tried concentrating on the fact that I enjoyed wearing scarf even on a hot day.

Anyway, I figured to show you some pictures of me (some my sister) wearing scarves on two of our vacations last spring 2010 and winter 2011.
me: gray scarf from Giordano

on my sister: colorful knitted scarf from I dunno where she got that,lol.

black scarfs 

another long black scarf on my sister, gray knitted scarf on me. 

purple scarf on me!

I’m planning on wearing lots of scarfs this summer! I’ll post some pics when I get to. :)





Comments