Native Tuesday (1): Pinaypay

Native Tuesday is a weekly meme here in our blog. It features delicacies that is found here in the Philippines. 

This is my first post for native tuesday and this made me excited. I can't wait to get this post started. So here it goes 


This is a favorite snack amongst the Filipinos. It is made of a banana, with batter and sugar. The banana is deep fried at a high temperature. When it turns crispy brown, you take it out from the fire.


I prefer pinaypay eaten when it is hot.  Just got off the fire hot. As I take a bite of the pinaypay I felt the crunchiness of the batter then as I sink my teeth to the banana, it felt soft and tasted sweet. The sugar coating of the pinaypay will add sweetness to the banana. However, others don’t coat the pinaypay with sugar anymore because sugar is quite expensive. So if you want sugar with the pinaypay you can dip or coat it yourself like what I did in the picture with the sugar on the side.


Comments

Post a Comment