Mezbaan Indian Fusion

Mezbaan Indian Fusion
food: 4 stars!
service: 5 stars!
price: just right. :)
   It’s not really my first time to try Indian food, but it’s the first time I can eat a whole meal containing only of Indian food. 
   Mezbaan restaurant is another of the little restaurants in downtown Vancouver. We ordered Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Curry and Malai Kofta. Among the three, I liked the Tandoori Chicken the best.
   Tandoori chicken is a chicken marniated in yogurt, garlic, then mixed in spices and cooked in tandoor (whatever that is). The result? It looks like a barbecued chicken, but I can taste the yogurt and garlic and the other freakin’ fantastic spices simmered in the chicken’s meat. It was mildly spicy, just how I like it. :)
   The Chicken Curry is the traditional curried chicken cooked in tomato and onion sauce. I have nothing to say besides it was good. really good. :)
   Lastly, the Malai Kofta is a mixed vegetables and grated cheese balls cooked in butter sauce and mildly spiced. It was surprisingly nice. The mixed veggies and cheese balls were soft and easy to chew. The sauce was kind of the same with the curry, but when eaten with the veggie meat and cheese, it was an entirely different dish!
   The service was really good, and fast! If you’re in town (Vancouver) and crave Indian food, I recommend Mezbaan Indian fusion. Because personally from a non-Indian person such as me, this is like the preliminary kind of food (recipe) that I’ve tasted, not too spicy but still I’ve tasted original Indian cuisine. :)



Contact:
Mezbaan: Fine Indian Fusion
3499 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC V5R 5L5
604-438-0404
open Sun to Thurs 11:30am-10:00pm; Friday & Saturday 11:30am-11:00pm




Comments