Fashion trends for 2013

Hi guys! A belated happy New Year to everyone! I know, I know, Em and I got super busy the past two months, we failed to post anything! But we're gonna change that now. ;)

So to make up for the lost times, I summarized and gathered info for what the fashion experts have said regarding the fashion trends this year.

According to Barbara Atkin, Peplums, bold colors, headwears, tunics and transparent clothes are five of the trends that we fashionastas can try for this year. And personally, I think they're just some of the trends that started last year and will still be seen this year. I, for one, am not yet through with.

Peplums gives illusions for smaller waist, and it's great to pair with pencil skirts for office wear, or skinny jeans for when you go out. It'll be great to pair with heels too.

Bold colors are rising too. Whether it's in your clothes or make-up. I myself love wearing red lipstick ot fuschia, dark lipstick equals bold personality, if I may say. Black clothings also makes you look sophisticated and it never goes out of season. There's a darker shade for every color, so whichever you prefer, there's always something for everyone.

Headwears! The trend started back when Blair from Gossip girl put it back on market,lol. It's not only for little girls. I have a collection of headbands with bows, or just plain ones. Headwraps are also in. We see many hollywood stars wearing them such as Elle Fanning, and of course Leighton Meester. Headbands are also usually seen in brides and her maids nowadays.

Tunics was suggested by Atkin as one of the clothes we must buy this year. And why not, right? It can be a dress and worn alone, or you can pair it up with jeans or leggings or tights. Pair them with boots or heels, voila! It's really great, especially for the older ones, who prefer lengthy clothes. ;)

Lastly, have you noticed how lacy gowns and transparent tops adore the red carpet for the past few years? I absolutely adore lacy gowns, it's sexy but also conservative. In fact I have a few dresses in my wardrobe. Sheer tops are also barraging their way inside women's closets. My cousin loves them, and well I do too! Many girls wear black bras underneath their sheer blouses, but I wear camis underneath, maybe someday I'll be bold enough to wear them only with a black bra underneath,lol. Many hollywood A-listers, such as January Jones (as pictured, picture from JustJared) wear them a lot, and because they have great bodies, they can confidently go out without camis. There are some who wear nothing under their sheer clothes, and O don't recomm that as it's just wrong and clearly no modesty's shown.

Anyhoo, how about you? What are the trends you're looking forward this year?

Source: Huffington post, Just Jared pics





Comments