How to throw a bachelorette party by Jenna


Okay guys, I'm just speaking from experience. So, any negative comments are unwelcome haha.

February last year. It was final. My sister was really getting married. And as her maid of honor, the task of preparing a bachelorette party rested upon me. To the point that I focused and got excited more on this than her actual wedding planning! Haha.

I love planning and organizing events, I sincerely do! But I only do it for friends and family, and for events that I am involved in. Haha. And for this certain event, I called upon the help of my sister's bridesmaids: Joan and Aivee. Based on experience, I learned two important elements in hosting a successful party: 

1.planning
2.creativity. 
Lots and lots of planning and juicing out all your creative ideas. And google helped a lot, since we were all inexperienced. Ha!

Some more tips from me: (that we've actually applied and i've learned from other various sources too)

1. The party is all about the bride, not you. So everything. And when I say everything, I mean the theme, and what the program involves must coincide with what you think the bride will enjoy. So if she voiced out a simple day pool party, give her that. If she wants swimming, the. Give her that. Make sure she enjoys and will have a blast of a good time!

2. As I said, this involves planning. For us, (we call ourselves: 'Something Awesome' by the way) we met as early as three months before the wedding. And we met to plan about a total of four times.

3. Decide on a date, time, place and theme. Then from there, work on the details.

Don't forget:
- the program
- the food
- the music
- the decorations
- budget!

As you can see on the pictures, this is what we had:

Theme: Victoria's Secret
Budget: about 10K php (including the hotel, and our predinner, cakes, decorations, etc)
Program: we had lots of games! With dares of course! Make sure everyone participates, are comfortable and enjoys. Plus we had a surprise Ron Morales centraboard made for the bride. 
Decorations: a special made tarpaulin banner, black and pink balloons, feather boas (diff shades of pink), pink cloths
Food: we chose various pica food: chips, tostitos with dip :), marshmallows, biscuits, then softdrinks

4. Delegate tasks on each other. Don't carry the burden by yourself. Be flexible and have a common decision.

5. Have a checklist and make sure everything is checked out a day before the date.

6. Don't make the date a night before the wedding, give an allowance or gap between. We chose our date two days before her wedding. 


this is my gift for my sister. ha!


the cake and cupcakes! adorbs right?


the food table!!!




Comments